Software Engineer (00049A)
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Centreville, VA
Travel: Up to 20%
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US Government. By virtue of that, U.S. citizenship is required.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will assist with building on the core of the US Army’s new Command and Control system. Our SitaWare suite of products is directly impacting and changing the landscape of future large-scale military planning. You should be a technical “problem-solver” and extremely comfortable working in client-facing roles. You will be part of our software development team which extends and adapts our standard software to fit the customer requirements and needs.
You will work in cross-functional teams in a HIGHLY COLLABORATEIVE and AGILE environment with other engineers, architects, testers, and project managers that will jointly plan and implement our systems and solutions in the customer’s organization.
- 2+ years development experience
- Experience developing in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience with version control, ideally Git
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle and/or Maven
- Experience developing software in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Functional understanding of networking, virtualization and core server concepts
- Capable of developing in a team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to design and implement software solutions with limited guidance
- Background in computer science, software engineering or related field
- Experience working in DoD environment
- Experience with TypeScript, Pug, NPM, and additional front-end frameworks
- Familiarity with UI/UX best practices and terminology
- Capable of building automated tests for both front end and back end modules
- Understanding of secure coding techniques
- Experience developing in an agile environment with tools such as JIRA
- Understanding of Scrum
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Exposure to Wildfly, JBoss EAP or any other major application server
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance for employees and their families
- 401K with company match up to 4% with immediate vesting
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet and mobile phone
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.